Tuesday 21 December 2010

All I want for Christmas is...comprehensive user documentation

Want something to read over Christmas? I've got 137 pages of technical docs right here for you.

It's the Open Babel user documentation. It still has a (*cough*) few TODOs here and there, but it brings together various bits of documentation scattered over the wiki and covers a bit of everything I think. It's been on the web as HTML for a while, but I've just set up the automated build for a PDF and so am giving it a shout out.

So grab a few mince pies. Throw another logP on the fire, and get ready for some riveting reading. Then dial it back a notch and check out the Open Babel docs.

P.S. If you find any mistakes or have any suggestions, feel (very) free to just fix them yourself or add some text in by forking the docs on github.

See you in the New Year...

1 comment:

Sargis said...

Thanks for the post Noel and for the excellent work on Open Babel documentation. I have been thinking to contribute a python example on how to create a new field in the sdf. I recently did this for my project where I needed to include binding energies with the sdf. Hope to find some spare time to do that in 2011.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!